Thursday 6 March 2014

I'm baaaaaack... (With a plan this time)...

Hi! So. I have been a little stop and start with this blog I know and I have had some of you say to me "Lauren I love it... Keep going". For that I am grateful and although or know that my blog isn't "specific" it was never really meant to be. It was about my experiences as a housewife and all the things I wanted to do to create a beautiful home. So I will sit here with my cup of tea and tell you my plan...


For those of you who know me personally, you will know that my mother is incredibly gentle, feminine and giving. Like all of us she has her moments and she will be the first to say that she was far more meek and mild when she was younger and it was only as she got older that she became more assertive. In some ways I am like my mother. I am a pleaser. I try to do things to keep others happy even if it is not necessarily something that I want to do or should do. Being a pleaser has massive downfalls... I find that instead of standing up for myself or just saying no, I end up being walked all over or letting years worth of pent up anger explode, to the shock of the person who cops all that. I have tried the assertive thing... But because I am not an assertive person it just comes across as aggression. I have tried walking away but then I stew on it for a LONG time after.

My mother always (and still does) keep a beautiful home. She is always dressed well. She always has a cake or scones or a slice at the ready... Although she worked for many of the years that we grew up, she really was a fabulous housewife. I guess that what it comes down to is that I want to be like her. I want to have the tidy house. I want to have the happy children. I want a husband that loves coming home to his family. Being a perfectionist (don't kid yourself - I'm terrible) I find this massive pressure I out on myself to be that. Whilst it does my head in sometimes - you will all benefit I hope.

I will be sharing with you some of my tips and tricks to making my day to day life easier. I will be sharing some of my furniture up do's that I do to create a beautiful home (well beautiful in my eyes - not everyone's cup of tea). I will share with you some of my craftiness and I am SURE there will be a few funny anecdotes and kidlet stories along the way (like the day my children got to the red food dye, or emptied the sprinkle container in their tee pee). 

Keep your eyes peeled... Here are some teasers...








Cannot wait to share all of these with you all.

Keep smiling...

Lauren
Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment