Wednesday 23 January 2013

Now and Then

Today I have been feeling very... reflective. Having JUST moved to sunny Queensland and leaving my family back in Tasmania, I have been busy upcycling furniture, sanding and painting. Whilst this keeps my overactive mind busy it also gives me "down" time. Time to just think. Yesterday I had a mini (major) meltdown over the beautiful vintage buffet I am doing up and then realised later in the evening that it was not really the cupboard I was having a meltdown about.

I am very fortunate to have two amazing parents and two phenomenal sisters and a small handful of inspiring friends. I have brilliant relationships with all of them and particularly with my parents. For reasons that I wont discuss here, I needed to live with my parents in Tasmania for 9 months. I had packed up my family home, shipped it to Queensland and gone home to have my beautiful Miss .75 so that I had some help with Miss 2 as I became more like I had swallowed a watermelon. This was an amazing time for all of us, meaning that when it came time to leave all people involved were heartbroken. I cried on and off the whole 9 hour boat ride across the Bass Strait and then I put on my big girl panties and dealt with it as Mrs B would put it. ;-) Now I am 3 weeks into living in Queensland and yesterday it hit me. Like a semi trailer hitting a concrete guard rail.

So, today I have spent the day reflecting on the frienships I have (whilst still painting this buffet), I realised that although over the years I have not picked the best of people to have as friends (I have decided I dont have a b-shit meter), along the way I have found a select few that have been those girlfriends who no matter what make you smile and laugh.


I am very fortunate that I have friends that always have my back. Who reflect the truth. Who remind me why I am so lucky to have them in my life. The ladies who always inspire me to be a more assertive person and not to take people's b-s.

As you can see I  have FINALLY figured out the adding pictures element of my blog and I cannot wait to show you all my little projects. NOT long now my friends.

Keep smiling.
xx


 

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I've been searching for bloggers on the sunshine coast and have been having a read of your blog and I am sort of in the same situation as you having moved here just before christmas. Look forward to reading more.

    Peta - http://theseaandmechange.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peta! I have only just seen your comment. Can't wait to take a look at your blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete