Sunday 28 April 2013

Changing Mindsets

Do you ever find yourself drawing on all the negative around you and feeling the smae way yourself? I do. I am a nearly 30, mother of two, who STILL finds herself trying to please people around her. Someone who is always worried about other peoples welfare, neglecting her own. Why? I think that I have always been that way. I am not saying that having empathy and considering others welfare is a bad thing, but I do think that when it results in you comprimising your own standards then there is a problem.

I don't know about you all but I like being happy. I like feeling successful. I like feeling loved and I like making others feel cared about.

I think that it is about changing your mindset or attitude. If you are negative or have a bad attitude you are going to attract negativity. If you are positive or have a good attitude then you will generate positivity and the negativity wont affect you. There are three people who spring to mind when I think of positivity and good attitude and great mindsets (I am going to name)...

Miss Suzie - Suzie has the most amazing attitude. She is smiling all the time. She is positive. She is confident and she makes you feel the same way (even if it is only when she is around). She is beautiful not only on the outside but on the inside and people are drawn to her.

Miss Tahlia - Tahlia exudes positive. She is like a little energiser bunny. She is fantastically encouraging and happy and has the ability to face adversity and go "ok, it happened... what is the good?" I trained with Tahlia after Miss 2.5 and before Miss 0.9 and she made me feel like I can achieve anything.

Miss Lorna Jane - now I don't know this woman personally but she has built an entire empire out of positive thinking and healthy life and healthy thoughts. Particularly where I live, everyone lives in Lorna Jane clothing. You walk along a track (with the pram) and a pretty, fit, smiling blonde jogs past and her tshirt reads "you can do it", you might pass 50 people like this and as you are walking along you read these slogans and you think about it and you feel encouraged by it so you push a little harder.

I find that whilst social media is good for some things - it can also be so filled with negativity and in some cases hate. I get that people have things happen in their lives and they feel like it always happens to them. That they always get the raw end of the deal. My question is... if everyone spent 5 minutes a day thinking of all the great things that they have achieved. If everyone said "I can do it" not "can I do it" then would it change the self esteem, attitude and mindset?

SO I have decided that I have spent so much time encouraging others, it is time to encourage myself. I am not going to reinvent the wheel. There are some amazing people out there. I am going to reinvent me.

THE CHALLENGE:
For some of you this will be familiar (I succeeded for a while). I am going to spend 12 months celebrating the positive and living a positive mindset. Will I succeed? HELL YEAH!!! This will go for 12 months and my plan is that at the end of the 12 months it will be a permanent change.

I am doing this for me but I am also doing this for my beautiful children so that I can teach them to have positive attitudes and a positive self esteem.

Those who feel inspired on this Monday morning, join me in my quest to celebrate the life that we have been blessed with.

GET EXCITED PEOPLE!!!!!

Keep smiling

Lauren
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment